Friday, August 8, 2008

Chicago Flag Football Champions!

We did it! The first flag football team that I played on here in Chicago has become the champions of the city!

Well...maybe not the entire city. We did win our league, however. Which was a pretty big league!

Well...it was comprised of 6 teams.

Okay, so maybe the title should be City of Chicago, Tuesday Night, Diversey Field Men's 7 on 7 Champions. That's a bit of a mouthful, so we'll just go with Champions of the City. Hey, we won our league. Who says we couldn't have beaten every team in the city?

The team is full of guys that I did not know at all before getting on the team. I went through Chicago Sport and Social's message board, found a guy named Leo who wanted a couple of extra players for his team, emailed him and the rest is history.

It's a pretty cool place that we play, too. We're at a park where the Hancock Tower and the city skyline is in the background and Lake Michigan is just to the east. It's pretty awesome.



And now I've got a whole bunch of new friends that I didn't have before I sent that email to Leo. New friends and a championship t-shirt...I don't care who you are, that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Ty said...

You're my favorite City of Chicago, Tuesday Night, Diversey Field Men's 7 on 7 Champion ever!... that sounds a little bit like calling you "pretty" but I don't mean it like that it all. I mean it for real. Not that I don't mean you're pretty when I call you "pretty". You see?