Friday, August 8, 2008

Storm of the Century!

Okay, I'm into exaggerated titles today. And yes, this is my second post of the day. Let's just call this, two posts from your favorite blogger and a Popsicle joke. (The two of you who listen to the Range know what I'm talking about.)

See, the way it works, is I give you two blogs (this being number two) and a cheesy joke that you have to guess the punchline to before the end of this post. It's a bonus for my readers for doubling up today. You're welcome. Here's the joke:

What happened to the cow who went for a drive?

Okay, so this posting is really just a chance to post some pictures of the storm that blew through Chicago the other night. People around here were freaking out, and it did cause some damage. But I feel like we got these every few months or so in Texas. You know the kind: lots of wind and rain, tons of lightning, a few possible tornadoes.

Apparently these types of storms don't happen that much up here because it is still a topic of conversation even though it blew through on Monday night. There were downed trees (some fell on cars), there were in fact three official tornadoes spread throughout the area and we apparently saw 80% of the lightning strikes one would see here in a full year in just one night. Decent storm.

But the best line I heard all week was from Roe Conn on the Roe Conn Show: "Three touchdowns in one night? You don't here that in Chicago very often!" ZING...



Lightning Striking the Sears Tower



Lightning over the Skyline



Lightning in my Neighborhood. I live about a half mile south of that church where the lightning is striking.

And now the moment you all have been waiting for: the answer to you cheesy Popsicle joke!

What happened to the cow who went for a drive?

SHE GOT A MOO-VING VIOLATION!!!

Don't tell me that doesn't get the day started off right!

No comments: