Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Awesome Wife!

So, we've lived in Chicago for about 10 months now, give or take. And Stacie has already made her way into the Chicago Tribune! Page 4 of the Business section on Monday, July 28.

For those of you that don't know what she does, I'll break it down for you. She's a designer and she's awesome at it. She does all sorts of stuff from wedding invitations to 43,000 sq. ft. offices.

The latter is what she was recognized for in the Tribune article.



So, I know you probably can't read the article, but they talk about how Upshot (Stacie's company) in an effort to meet the needs of their employees (Gen Y'ers) "empowered 28 year old Stacie Thompson to design their new 43,000 square foot office space."

She was even quoted as saying, "By allowing people to be comfortable in their work environment and allowing them to interact with each other and play, you get so much better work."

My wife. I outkicked my coverage when I married this gal.

2 comments:

Trait said...

Amen to that, brother. I think we both outkicked our coverage.

Sara said...

Trait had to patiently explain "outkicking your coverage." I don't understand manspeak, but your wife is, indeed, awesome.