Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I. Am. A. Genius.

Well, if not a genius, I definitely have some type of 6th sense thing going on here. Seriously. Here's what I wrote back in August of 2009:

"Obviously, I'm picking the Bengals to win this division."

Sorry to those of you that started reading this piece thinking it was about something meaningful. Not this one, my friends. It is sports related, so as always, if "sports aren't your thing", feel free to check out for today. But know that you'll be given one demerit.

This is my annual review of the Come and Blog It Annual Prediction of How the NFL Season Will Play Out.

It's taken me a little longer to get to writing this one largely due to the massive amount of tears I shed after my Bengals let me down in the playoffs. It's hard to type when you keep shorting out key boards. This is going to be a short one, though, because as you can see, if I picked the Bengals to win the AFC North, and nailed it, obviously I didn't miss much. I am that good.

"But wait," some of you are saying. "What about at the bottom of your division analysis when you wrote":

"Oh forget it! I'm picking the Bungles! I was wrong about everything last year, so maybe this will be an unexpected correct pick."

Who are you? The Pick Police! It doesn't matter how I got there. I put it down in stone so it was right.

But you're not here for what I got right, are you? No. That's boring. You're here for what I completely fouled up...you people are so predictable. Fine. Here it is:

First, I picked the Green Bay Packers to win the NFC North. They went 11-5 and made the playoffs, but they didn't win it. I picked the Vikings to be second and they were pretty much awesome.

I picked the Falcons to win the NFC South. But at least I picked the Saints to...finish third and miss the playoffs...hmmm. This division always baffles me, and this year was no different. In fact, here's what I wrote:

"I think I've picked New Orleans to win this division two years in a row now. And two years in a row the Saints have let me down, despite Mr. Brees and his fantastic throwing arm."

Thanks, Saints.

About the NFC East I said:

"...this thing comes down to a Giants team that I always seem to under appreciate and an Eagles team that I constantly distrust because of Donovan McNabb's accuracy issues."

Turns out I over-appreciated the Giants by a bit this year and under-appreciated those Cowboys. But as always, the Redskins finished last. At least I can predict that one properly.

Man, I'm gonna be honest with you. I actually did a pretty nice job of prognosticating this year. But you know what that does...? That makes for one boring review of your predictions. I correctly picked 4 of the 6 playoff teams from each conference. I missed both of my Super Bowl predictions, but still, this is a pretty boring review.

NFL, I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm putting you on notice, Colbert-style. That's right folks. The NFL is on notice. If I can predict with this accuracy what's going to happen, the league has become lackluster at best.

NFL, you'd better get back to your crazy days when it was all Steelers and Patriots and everyone else was just playing for second. Because that free-for-all for second was a lot more fun come this time of year.

If the NFL doesn't get its act together, I suggest you all come back to this page in August, print a copy of my predictions and head to Vegas, 'cause baby, you about to be rich.


No comments: