Friday, March 12, 2010

For the Troops

Hey folks, I mentioned in my previous post (a kind of ranty one, I'll admit) about Peter King petitioning his readers to donate to a good cause.

Well, I received an email from the USO asking me to pass along the link if I didn't mind. I don't so here's the recommend text from them:

"Hey,

I wanted to let you know about an amazing effort Peter King from Sports Illustrated and the USO are running right now. It's called the Five for Fighting campaign -- I just took part and am hoping you will join me.

Through this campaign, we can help bring support to Sgt. McGuire and his troops. They are set to deploy to Afghanistan later this year and in preparation are looking to us to help bring some of the comforts from home to their base, like a TV with video games and weight equipment.

These troops make amazing sacrifices every day. It really doesn't seem like too much to ask to chip in $5 and take part in the Peter King's Five for Fighting campaign. Will you join with me and help bring a touch of home to our troops? You can donate by clicking here:"

http://uso.org/PeterKing


If you've got a spare five-spot, help the soldiers feel a little more at home while they're serving our country.

Thanks, you three are the best!

No comments: