Wednesday, November 5, 2008

That's One, Mr. Obama

Not yet even inaugurated and the Obama Administration has already affected my life in a negative way.

I've read plenty this morning touting the historical significance of the moment and how whether we agree with Obama's policies or not, his administration could be a good thing for the country. Well, since I was probably the first person to be touched in a personal way, I feel I must share.

You may have noticed last night that there was a huge rally for Obama in Grant Park in downtown Chicago. You may have also noticed that I live in Chicago. You may have also noticed that yesterday was a Tuesday. And it might also have come to your attention in previous posts that I play flag football on Tuesday nights.

You see where I'm going here?

I lost my football game last night.

Big time.

Obama had the audacity (see how I flipped it on him) to schedule his big rally on a Tuesday night in Chicago and managed to swipe several of my fellow football players to come "support" him. As if he needed more support. You know what I needed? More football players!!

So what did I do? I grabbed a couple of guys I'd never met before who had just finished up a game and practically begged them to help us have enough people to field a team.

Mr. Obama, I laid down my dignity in an effort to win a football game because of you.

Have you ever tried to win a flag football game with your own team let alone a hodgepodge group?

Well, I tried. We were out of sync. We couldn't protect the quarterback. We couldn't cover their receivers.

Sure you could blame this on our athletic ability or the fact that we don't have a great playbook.

But why take responsibility for this loss myself when I know good and well that the President of the United States is supposed to do everything in his power to ensure I am successful.

And that would include moving his rally to Wednesday night. Or maybe even doing it earlier in the day to get it out of the way. We all knew who was gonna win this thing anyway. Get your celebratin' done so I can have a full team!

That's one, Obama.

Don't make me get to three.

1 comment:

Trait said...

It sounds like you're putting Obama on notice, Colbert style.